The Resource Children in jeopardy : can we break the cycle of poverty?
- Children in jeopardy : can we break the cycle of poverty?
- Title remainder
- can we break the cycle of poverty?
- Statement of responsibility
- Irving B. Harris
- In this compassionate and controversial book Irving Harris argues that the key to breaking the cycle of poverty, hopelessness, and violence is very early intervention: we must provide adequate caregiving to children from birth to age three and - to stop the cycle even sooner - we must discourage pregnancy among adolescents. Harris, a successful businessman, has devoted himself to children's causes for the past forty years and has initiated and funded numerous programs geared to children and families. He presents data from research in pediatrics, social work, nursing, psychology, and education showing that children who receive early nurturing and stimulation are far more likely to have success in school and in life. He urges that the government build more day-care centers and train more caregivers and public-health nurses for babies and small children; that schools offer instruction and counseling in prenatal care; and that there be easier access to contraceptives and abortions in order to reduced unwanted pregnancies
- Member of
- Cataloging source
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- The Yale Child Study Center monograph series on child psychiatry, child development, and social policy
- Series volume
- vol. 1
ContextContext of Children in jeopardy : can we break the cycle of poverty?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Children in jeopardy : can we break the cycle of poverty?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/kNJbz-sFq4A/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/kNJbz-sFq4A/">Children in jeopardy : can we break the cycle of poverty?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...