Gender and health : an international perspective, edited by Carolyn F. Sargent, Caroline B. BrettellThe Resource Gender and health : an international perspective, edited by Carolyn F. Sargent, Caroline B. Brettell
- Gender and health : an international perspective, edited by Carolyn F. Sargent, Caroline B. Brettell
- Title remainder
- an international perspective
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Carolyn F. Sargent, Caroline B. Brettell
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Introduction : Gender, medicine, and health / Carolyn Sargent and Caroline Brettell -- The language of science and medicine -- The egg and the sperm : how science has constructed a romance based on stereotypical male-female roles / Emily Martin -- Unnatural births : cesarean sections in the discourse of the "natural childbirth" movement / Helena Michie and Naomi R. Cahn -- Gender, health, and the life cycle -- The cultural constructions of the premenstrual and menopause syndromes / Dona Davis -- Gender, aging, and health : a comparative approach / Maria G. Cattell --Technology, gender, and health -- The technocratic body and the organic body : hegemony and heresy in women's birth choices / Robbie E. Davis-Floyd -- Women and the debate over mammography : an economic, political, and moral history / Patricia A. Kaufert -- Gender, medical ethics, and personhood -- Cancer and women : some feminist ethics concerns / Susan Sherwin -- Boundary crossings : gender and power in clinical ethics consultations / Patricia A. Marshall -- A handmaid's tale : the rhetoric of personhood in American and Japanese healing of abortions / Thomas J. Csordas -- Gender, healing, and the social production of health -- Political economy, gender, and the social production of health and illness / Linda M. Whiteford -- Women, work, and household health in the context of development / Carole H. Browner and Joanne Leslie --The impress of extremity : women's experience of trauma and political violence / Janis H. Jenkins -- Gender and health policy -- Women and health policy : on the inclusion of females in clinical trials / Jean A. Hamilton -- Risk, prevention, and international health policy / Carol MacCormack -- Gender relations, sexuality, and AIDS risk among African American and Latina women / Margaret R. Weeks, Merrill Singer, Maryland Grier, and Jean J. Schensul
- 24 cm.
- x, 370 p.
ContextContext of Gender and health : an international perspective, edited by Carolyn F. Sargent, Caroline B. Brettell
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Gender and health : an international perspective, edited by Carolyn F. Sargent, Caroline B. Brettell
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/jxQZxDivPqw/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/jxQZxDivPqw/">Gender and health : an international perspective, edited by Carolyn F. Sargent, Caroline B. Brettell</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...