The Resource Wagner's musical prose : texts and contexts, Thomas S. Grey, (electronic resource)
- Wagner's musical prose : texts and contexts, Thomas S. Grey, (electronic resource)
- Title remainder
- texts and contexts
- electronic resource
- Statement of responsibility
- Thomas S. Grey
- Antecedent source
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 380-390) and index
- Beethoven's "poetic ideas": notes on the genesis of a critical tradition
- Poetics, heroics, funérailles
- Fear of the Fifth: the uncanniness of instrumental speech
- Beethoven's "sketches" (poetic intentions and musical consequences)
- Engendering music drama: Opera and Drama and its metaphors:
- Metaphors of gender, and others;
- Natural sciences: reproductive biology and a theory of "evolution";
- Music mastered, poetic reason (nearly) seduced: allegory and antithesis
- The "poetic-musical period" and the "evolution" of Wagnerian form:
- Periode and Entwicklung
- "Evolving" period-complexes and Wagner's evolution: three dialogues
- Endless melodies:
- Wagner and his critics around 1860 (Wagner's melody--all or none?) ;
- Wagner and the problematics of "absolute music" in the nineteenth century:
- Ideas of absolute music
- Questions of autonomy
- Content and/or/as form
- Absolute music and "ideas: a new determinacy?
- Beethoven reception and the hermeneutic impulse: "poetic ideas" and new forms:
- Dénouements (motivic threads, dramatic plots, musical knots and resolutions)
- Melody, origins, and utopias of regression (melody as the origin of speech and poetry in Opera and Drama)
- Melody as form
- Motives and motivations: leitmotif and "symphonic" drama:
- Warum? (motives to musical form)
- The birth of the music drama from the "labor-pains of program music"
- Motif, motive, Motiv: dramatic motivations and "symphonic form"
- Delirium and death as transgressive motives: "dramatic symphony" and "symphonic drama"
- 24 cm.
- xix, 397 p.
- File format
- multiple file formats
- Form of item
- Level of compression
- Other physical details
- Quality assurance targets
- Reformatting quality
- Reproduction note
- Electronic text and image data.
- unknown sound
- Specific material designation
ContextContext of Wagner's musical prose : texts and contexts, Thomas S. Grey, (electronic resource)
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Wagner's musical prose : texts and contexts, Thomas S. Grey, (electronic resource)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/g7Uw4az5JTI/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/g7Uw4az5JTI/">Wagner's musical prose : texts and contexts, Thomas S. Grey, (electronic resource)</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...