The Resource Imperial cities : landscape, display and identity, edited by Felix Driver and David Gilbert
- Imperial cities : landscape, display and identity, edited by Felix Driver and David Gilbert
- Title remainder
- landscape, display and identity
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Felix Driver and David Gilbert
- This "book has its origins in a research project at Royal Holloway, University of London ... [that] was concluded with a major international conference on the theme of imperial cities in May 1997. Earlier versions of most of the chapters were presented at the conference"--Acknowledgements
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Imperial cities : overlapping territories, intertwined histories / Felix Driver and David Gilbert -- 'A grand work of noble conception' : the Victoria Memorial and imperial London / Tori Smith -- Empire in modern Rome : shaping and remembering an imperial city, 1870-1911 / David Atkinson, Denis Cosgrove and Anna Notaro -- Capitale du plaisir : the remaking of imperial Paris / Claire Hancock -- The Potemkin city : tourist images of late imperial vienna / Jill Steward -- Imperial visions : rebuilding the Bank of England, 1919-39 / Iain Black -- Staging the imperical city : the Pageant of London, 1911 / Deborah S. Ryan -- 'Capital of the colonies' : real and imagined boundaries between metropole and empire in 1920s Marseilles / Yal︠ Simpson Fletcher -- Commemorating empire in twentieth-century Seville / Anthony Gristwood -- Portable iron structures and uncertain colonial spaces and the Sydenham Crystal Palace / Andrew Hassam --'The scenery of the torrid zone' : imagined travels and the culture of exotics in nineteenth-century British gardens /Rebecca Preston -- 'The second city of the Empire' : Glasgow - imperial municipality / John M. MacKenzie -- Sartorial spectacle : clothing and masculine identities in the imperial city, 1860-1914 / Christopher Breward -- Anti-imperial London : the Pan-African Conference of 1900 / Jonathan Schneer
- 25 cm.
- xvii, 283 p.
- Other physical details
- ill., map, plan
ContextContext of Imperial cities : landscape, display and identity, edited by Felix Driver and David Gilbert
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Imperial cities : landscape, display and identity, edited by Felix Driver and David Gilbert
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/d8eXbI1qg3c/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/d8eXbI1qg3c/">Imperial cities : landscape, display and identity, edited by Felix Driver and David Gilbert</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...