The Resource Uncertainty, diversity and the common good : changing norms and new leadership paradigms
- Uncertainty, diversity and the common good : changing norms and new leadership paradigms
- Title remainder
- changing norms and new leadership paradigms
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Stefan Gröschl
- Because of a management model emphasizing standardization and a one-size-fits-all approach, the previous good health of firms depended on economic performance and maximizing shareholder value. The enduring financial crisis and the ensuing leadership void have forced us all to reconsider the rules of the game and to take into account economic and social factors, in order to address the needs of an unpredictable world. In this book, contributors from leading academic institutions around the world discuss different models of socially responsible global leadership. Their perspectives embrace philosophy, sociology, psychology, ecological and environmental economics, management, and entrepreneurship. They explore unpredictability and how being responsible for social, as well as economic outcomes, require intelligence that enable managers to adapt and to develop a sustainable, lasting and consistent managerial approach. Working with local communities, integrating minorities, and redistributing wealth requires a new model of socially responsible leadership that brings together dimensions that are incompatible within existing paradigms. This book indicates what new paradigms might look like, with particular regard to the issue of diversity as an asset with which to confront uncertainty. Case studies tell of leaders working with diversity to create social change and new visions of leadership that are impacting social and cultural norms. This leads to discussion of the nature and diversity of leadership, itself, which will be helpful to academic researchers and higher level students, as well as policy makers and practitioners
- Additional physical form
- Available also in a print ed.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of Uncertainty, diversity and the common good : changing norms and new leadership paradigms
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Uncertainty, diversity and the common good : changing norms and new leadership paradigms
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/ajzOkKvy5gM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/ajzOkKvy5gM/">Uncertainty, diversity and the common good : changing norms and new leadership paradigms</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...