The Resource SciFi in the mind's eye : reading science through science fiction, edited by Margret Grebowicz
- SciFi in the mind's eye : reading science through science fiction, edited by Margret Grebowicz
- Title remainder
- reading science through science fiction
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Margret Grebowicz
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Race through the alpha quadrant : species and destiny on Star Trek / Harvey Cormier -- The island of Dr. Moreau : interpretation of images of race and species / Naomi Zack -- It's in the meat : science, fiction, and the politics of ignorance / Nancy McHugh -- How to do things with ideas / L. Timmel Duchamp -- Pygmalion's legacy : cyborg women in science fiction / Janet Vertesi -- Tepper's republic : feminist separatism and the question of essence / Edrie Sobstyl -- Clone mothers and others : uncanny families / Stephanie S. Turner -- Embodying change : (r)evolutionary theories of an alien synthesis / Tess Williams -- Identity and SF : story as science and fiction / Nicola Griffith -- Sciencepunk : the influence of informed science fiction on virtual reality research / Jeremy N. Bailenson ... [et al.] -- Fictitious contagions : computer viruses in the science fiction of the 1970s / Jussi Parikka -- After the end of the world : critiques of technology in post-apocalypse literature / Andrew Pavelich -- Ethics, science, and science fiction / Nancy Kress -- Modest witnesses? feminist stories of science in fiction and theory / Helen Merrick -- Cracking the code : genomics in documented fantasies and fantastic documentaries / Marina Levina -- Knowing, being, and the reality police : science fiction as science studies / Dennis Desroches -- Between garlic and eternity : fragments from an interview with Stanisław Lem / Ewa Lipska -- Cognitive constraints on imagining other worlds / E. Thomas Lawson -- After the space age : science, fiction, and possibility / Martin Parker -- Learning from Ender's game : childhood, education, and war / Margret Grebowicz
- 23 cm.
- xx, 323 p.
- Isbn Type
- (trade pbk. : alk. paper)
- System control number
ContextContext of SciFi in the mind's eye : reading science through science fiction, edited by Margret Grebowicz
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance SciFi in the mind's eye : reading science through science fiction, edited by Margret Grebowicz
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/_xzG0fNf7aU/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/_xzG0fNf7aU/">SciFi in the mind's eye : reading science through science fiction, edited by Margret Grebowicz</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...