Rodent societies : an ecological & evolutionary perspective, edited by Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman, (electronic resource)The Resource Rodent societies : an ecological & evolutionary perspective, edited by Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman, (electronic resource)
- Rodent societies : an ecological & evolutionary perspective, edited by Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman, (electronic resource)
- Title remainder
- an ecological & evolutionary perspective
- electronic resource
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -597) and indexes
- Rodent societies as model systems / Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman -- Rodent evolution, phylogenetics, and biogeography / Rodney L. Honeycutt, Laurence J. Frabotta and Diane L. Rowe -- Male mating strategies in rodents / Jane Waterman -- Reproductive strategies in female rodents / Nancy G. Solomon and Brian Keane -- Sexual selection : using social ecology to determine fitness differences / Lara S. Carroll and Wayne K. Potts -- A phylogenetic analysis of the breeding systems of neotomine-peromyscine rodents / Matina C. Kalcounis-Rüppell and David O. Ribble -- Alternative reproductive tactics and strategies of tree squirrels / John L. Koprowski -- Fast and slow life histories of rodents / F. Stephen Dobson and Madan K. Oli -- Acceleration and delay of reproduction in rodents / Lee C. Drickamer -- Sexual size dimorphism in rodents / Albrecht I. Schulte-Hostedde -- Facultative sex ratio adjustment / Robert S. Sikes -- The role of the stress axis in life-history adaptations / Rudy Boonstra ... [et al.] -- Dispersal and philopatry / Scott Nunes -- Gene dynamics and social behavior / F. Stephen Dobson -- Social behavior and self-regulation in murid rodents / Charles J. Krebs, Xavier Lambin and Jerry O. Wolff -- Neural regulation of social behavior in rodents / J. Thomas Curtis ... [et al.] -- Ontogeny of adaptive behaviors / Jill M. Mateo -- Social learning by rodents / Bennett G. Galef Jr. -- Kin recognition in rodents : issues and evidence / Warren G. Holmes and Jill M. Mateo -- Parental care / Betty McGuire and William E. Bemis -- The ecology of sociality in rodents / Eileen A. Lacey and Paul W. Sherman -- Scent marking / S. Craig Roberts -- Nonparental infanticide / Luis A. Ebensperger and Daniel T. Blumstein -- Social organization and monogamy in the beaver / Peter Busher -- Evolution of pacifism and sociality in blind mole rats / Eviatar Nevo -- Social and antipredator systems : intertwining links in multiple time frames / Donald H. Owings and Richard G. Coss -- The evolution of alarm communication in rodents : structure, function, and the puzzle of apparently altruistic calling / Daniel T. Blumstein -- Fear and the foraging, breeding, and sociality of rodents / Hannu Ylönen and Joel S. Brown -- Ecology, kinship, and ground squirrel sociality : insights from comparative analyses / James F. Hare and Jan O. Murie -- Evolution of sociality in marmots : it begins with hibernation / Kenneth B. Armitage -- Environmental constraints and the evolution of sociality in semifossorial desert rodents / Jan A. Randall -- Comparative social organization and life history of Rattus and Mus / Manuel Berdoy and Lee C. Drickamer -- Social organization and resource use in capybaras and maras / David W. Macdonald ... [et al.] -- Social structure in octodontid and ctenomyid rodents / Eileen A. Lacey and Luis A. Ebensperger -- Socioecology of rock-dwelling rodents / Karen Nutt -- African mole-rats : social and ecological diversity / Chris G. Faulkes and Nigel C. Bennett -- Alarm calling, multiple mating, and infanticide among black-tailed, Gunnison's, and Utah prairie dogs / John L. Hoogland -- Issues in rodent conservation / William Z. Lidicker Jr. -- Conservation of ground squirrels / Beatrice Van Horne -- Conservation of prairie dogs / John L. Hoogland -- Social behavior, demography, and rodent-borne pathogens / Richard S. Ostfeld and James N. Mills -- Conclusions and future directions / Paul W. Sherman and Jerry O. Wolff
- xv, 610 p.
- Form of item
- Other physical details
- ill., maps.
- Reproduction note
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2015. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
- Specific material designation
ContextContext of Rodent societies : an ecological & evolutionary perspective, edited by Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman, (electronic resource)
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Rodent societies : an ecological & evolutionary perspective, edited by Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman, (electronic resource)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/SrQ7NMohrRk/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/SrQ7NMohrRk/">Rodent societies : an ecological & evolutionary perspective, edited by Jerry O. Wolff and Paul W. Sherman, (electronic resource)</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...