The Resource Contemporary Japanese thought, edited by Richard F. Calichman, (electronic resource)
- Contemporary Japanese thought, edited by Richard F. Calichman, (electronic resource)
- electronic resource
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Richard F. Calichman
- Translated from the Japanese
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- The politics of teasing ; A feminist view of Maruyama Masao's modernity / Ehara Yumiko -- The imaginary geography of a nation and denationalized narrative ; The discovery of the "Orient" and Orientalism / Kang Sangjung -- Overcoming modernity ; Sōseki's diversity: on Kokoro / Karatani Kōjin -- The wonderland of "immortality" / Nishitani Osamu -- Two negations: the fear of being excluded and the logic of self-esteem / Naoki Sakai -- Japanese neo-nationalism: a critique of Katō Norihiro's "After the defeat" discourse ; From the Hinomaru and Kimagayo to the symbolic emperor system / Takahashi Tetsuya -- In the feminine guise: a trap of reverse Orientanlism ; Collapse of "Japanese mothers" / Ueno Chizuko -- Colonialism and modernity ; Reflections beyond the flag: Why is the Hinomaru flag "auspicious/foolish"? / Ukai Satoshi
- viii, 309 p.
- Form of item
- Reproduction note
- Electronic reproduction. Ann Arbor, MI : ProQuest, 2015. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ProQuest affiliated libraries.
- Specific material designation
ContextContext of Contemporary Japanese thought, edited by Richard F. Calichman, (electronic resource)
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Contemporary Japanese thought, edited by Richard F. Calichman, (electronic resource)
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/MfDzs3W4dm4/" typeof="WorkExample http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/MfDzs3W4dm4/">Contemporary Japanese thought, edited by Richard F. Calichman, (electronic resource)</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...