The Resource The Roles of Remote Sensing in Nature Conservation : A Practical Guide and Case Studies
- The Roles of Remote Sensing in Nature Conservation : A Practical Guide and Case Studies
- Title remainder
- A Practical Guide and Case Studies
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Ricardo Díaz-Delgado, Richard Lucas, Clive Hurford
- During recent decades, a rapid increase in available data sources has enabled researchers to develop hundreds of new remote sensing applications: data provided by new sensors attached to satellites, aircrafts and drones. However, a major challenge remains unresolved: how to transfer the knowledge of these technological advances to conservation practitioners and facilitate access to the remote sensing products that are currently available.  In this volume, we illustrate the ability of new technologies, such as drones, camera traps or miniaturized sensors, to enhance our information on habitat condition, species occurrence, invasive species mapping or biodiversity.  There are several case studies from Natura 2000 and LTER sites:  these were designed to meet the requirements of the EC Birds and Habitats Directives and the commitments associated with the EU Biodiversity Strategy, including regular habitat assessments.    The authors of this volume, who work for different conservation and research agencies, provide a practical perspective on how remote sensing applications can benefit these long-term monitoring or surveillance programs.  With these requirements in mind, the time is now right for conservation ecologists, researchers, technicians, managers, policy makers and practitioners to embrace the new technologies and products that are available from the remote sensing community.
- Image bit depth
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of The Roles of Remote Sensing in Nature Conservation : A Practical Guide and Case Studies
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Roles of Remote Sensing in Nature Conservation : A Practical Guide and Case Studies
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/FI_R16TK4jc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/FI_R16TK4jc/">The Roles of Remote Sensing in Nature Conservation : A Practical Guide and Case Studies</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...