The Resource Should trees have standing? : law, morality, and the environment
- Should trees have standing? : law, morality, and the environment
- Title remainder
- law, morality, and the environment
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher D. Stone
- "In this collection of essays, the author argues that natural objects, such as trees, should have legal rights through the appointment of guardians designated to protect them. It covers such areas as : agriculture and the environment ; can the oceans be harbored ; establishing a guardian for future generations ; reflections on sustainable development ; how to heal the planet ; environmentalism, is it dead?--By the publisher."
- Previous edition (1996) has sub-title : "and other essays on law, morals, and the environment" ; first edition (1974) has subtitle : "towards legal rights for natural objects."
- Cataloging source
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of Should trees have standing? : law, morality, and the environment
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Should trees have standing? : law, morality, and the environment
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/0N21NYV__Vc/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/resource/0N21NYV__Vc/">Should trees have standing? : law, morality, and the environment</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.rpi.edu/">Rensselaer Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Rensselaer Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...